Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys 908P Running Out Of Its Memory
Maxisys 908P Running Out Of Its Memory

3176 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: 2019-08-21 14:10:00

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-06-16 08:06:44

Hi Autel Tech Support,

Could please look in to this problem since this new updates the Maxisys 908P memory 32gb can not take any more.

I have installed 32gb SD Card reset the Maxisys Tool to factory reset the sd card is now seen by Maxisys Tool and when i start down loading the software the BMW software is the fist one on the list and it starts to download in SD Card but will not complete it will keep failing, if i remove the SD Card the software will download as normal, as soon as i insert the SD Card it will ask me the update BMW software.

So I think the SD Card optimizing software which is just been released has some bug which is not allowing BMW or any other software to install in SD Card............. 

I would also request if there are any other members having this issue they should post they problems regarding this here in this post so, Tech Support can take note of this...........

Thanks

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    pastence

2019-06-18 15:06:38 (Reply to:Ashraf)

I have the same problem!

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-06-19 21:00:22 (Reply to:Ashraf)

I picked 3 cars that I do not usually see in my shop and deleted them from my 908P to
    create room. Renault,Porche,and one other that I can't remember at the moment.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-06-21 08:26:37 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your input mate,

Even I did the same deleted all Domestic Vehicles which we never see them here in UK and now I am left with only 3gb which I am worried for the future updates, specially for BMW software as the BMW is the largest software from any others.....  

Can you guys please confirm after downloading and installing all the software what amount of memory do you have still left with on Maxisys 908P........? 

All your inputs here would also helpful to other members who are using this model tool (MS908P) to solve this problem also if any of us can solve this than please do post the solution here so, we all can use this tool happily.....

Thanks

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-06-22 22:42:08

OK guys I think I have found the solution by the help of one of the Autel Dealers (Tina & Leo)  and the Autel Tech Support (Daisy Zeng)  I have fixed the Memory problem..............Thanks to all 3 of you for your help.....

I was using the wrong SD Card all this time thinking the bigger SD Card would be more helpful but, I was wrong at some point, also the type of SD Card not all SD Cards do support Autel Tools only SanDisk 16GB Class 10 is supported by MS908P.

All I did was insert this 16gb card in MS908P switch it ON and the SD Card was automatically adapted to MS908P and 2 files where installed in it after that the BMW Software was installed in SD Card automatically without any problem and the MS908P deleted all the other BMW files from the main SD Card and now I have 9.70gb memory free in the main tool SD Card.......Once again thanks to Tech Support and the Autel Dealer for all the support to fix this problem..........

I hope this will help other users as well........Just make sure NO any other make of SD Cards are supported be side this SanDisk 16gb Class 10...............

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2019-07-05 03:22:09 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Thank you for posting the cure I will be trying this hope that's all it was.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-07-05 07:30:13 (Reply to:)
     Yes please also give us your feed back here so others can do...........

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-07-25 21:49:04 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Ashraf,
    I tried your solution of installing the 16gb sd card and it worked for me. That was for
    my 908P. Thanks!

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-07-25 22:43:06 (Reply to:Kevin H)

One thing that I forgot to ask. How much memory do you have left on your 908P? After
    all the updates I have 10.4gb on the internal sd card and 10 gigs left on the external sd
    card. Is that what you have?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-07-26 20:45:04 (Reply to:Kevin H)

I ran SD Analyst and the total size of my internal memory shows  only 25.83 GB (not 32GB?)of which 19.01GB of memory is already used. Only 6.82 GB is is available.
     The Scan folder size is 18.92 GB.and takes up 73.24 %
    Not sure why the my total memory of the internal memory doesn't display 32GB, but last November my Maxisys App would no longer stay open after 30 seconds or so. Tried my backup software unsuccessfully. Tried to sell off the tool with Jbox  unsuccessfully , finally bought a MS908P Total Care Update and that would not take either ,so had to send it in for repairs and have firmware reflashed. Not seeing 32GB , I'm figuring they just partitioned off the corrupted section and reflashed the firmware so it appears I don't even have a full 32 GB internal memory to work with , but so far all updates seemed to have installed without issue so far.
     Seems I spoke too fast. I had trouble with the first BMW I've scanned in months and it wouldn't auto scan . I deleted the BMW APP and tried to re- download the software and it failed to download with  insufficient storage space message. Guess I need to format and install the old external SD card for storage space for BMW again , Lol
  Total2 Pages